Dev - Also, on form submission, use GD to resize the image as a new thumbnail file
Dev - In the submission form, you can now upload a banner image
- Smaller file size.
- Better control of enemy waves. You won't be unfairly swamped anymore.
- Some sprite updates, particularly the boss sprites. Note: no sprites are final yet.
- Resolution change. You can now set one of three resolutions, covering different aspect ratios. This will be expanded later.
- 2 new weapons, 1 new enemy. Some weapons have also had a few changes.
- Minor bug fixes, and other erroneous suff I can't remember.
Savage Sun is a top-down survival shooter set in a scifi universe.
You have returned from a mining expedition far from an outpost planet, to find that an alien race has not only declared war, but has already won. Using the resources at hand, you must fight a guerrilla war to fight off the invasion.
The story is deliberately hammy, and meant to be somewhat of a continuation of most arcade shooter stories (invasion, last chance, etc.). It's also not really important. At all. Nor is story mode implemented yet.
The game consists of you (and maybe a friend or two) blasting the crap out of everything that moves, with the explosions getting bigger as you go. Fight waves of deadly enemies, gain gratuitously powerful weaponry, and survive as long as you can.
4 enemy types, plus everchanging boss battles at the end of every wave.
5 weapon types. As you gain armour upgrades, your weapons upgrade as well, becoming more and more explosive!
The game is still a work in progress, primarily due to the content that needs to be added. Otherwise, it's a blast to play. Just be prepared - this game is HARD.
You'll notice that there is room for more game modes to be added. VS modes, story modes et al will be added as I begin finalising the game more. In the meantime, please post any comments/suggestions you might have.
Version 0.3 has almost all core components completed. There are no bugs that I know of, but if you find any please let me know.