(Be sure to play my game!)
Here are my reviews for this batch of games for Frosty Four Digits. A lot better overall than Scary Four Digits, I must say.
Frozen - JID and colseed
+ Great art style
+ Good visual effects
+ Ambience was excellent
+ Boss battle was interesting
- Normal move speed is extremely sluggish and frustratingly slow
- Those red wood plank things flying at me were pretty lame considering how the slow motion threw off my aim, contradictory to what most slow motion stuff does
- In slow motion, my gun fired places I didn't aim it at
- Shooting that piece of wood down to make a ramp? That seems a bit unrealistic and would be the last thing I'd think of doing (I like to save my ammo for enemies, I don't know how much I'll be up against if I've never played the game before)
- 49 MB for all that? Rather bloated if you ask me.
Epic Christmas - Mega
+ Megaman influences, even has some of its tight design
+ AI and enemy placement are good
+ Not afraid to have a high difficulty level
+ Proper quality chiptunes
+ Funny basic plot
=First boss was well-thought out, but my friend found a safe spot where jumping was all he needed to do, and it'd have been much more reasonable if snowballs had no trajectory
=Trajectory isn't exactly intuitive and seemed clunky at first, but I started to like it, despite the fact it doesn't quite fit in a Megaman clone
-X to jump, V to shoot? That's bad for reaction time. Why V and not Z or C?
-Able to snipe enemies (especially early on) outside of their line of sight, making stages considerably less challenging
-2nd level, bunnies got caught on the sides of ledges
-Downward shot is really only useful for one yellow snowman in level 2, useless for everything else
-The final battle against Santa is easier than the first boss
Super Snowball Fighters - Daggerhog
+ Nice and simple, just plain fun
+ Chiptunes that don't suck
+ Good character design
- AI isn't very good
- After you hit someone, camping their position after being knocked down is relatively easy
- With the exception of the final round, it's too easy
- Environments and menus are extremely bland
Surrounded with White - sirXemic
+ Aside from the pool of red, it was pleasing to the eyes
+ Great atmosphere
+ HOW DOES THIS MANAGE TO BE RELAXING AND ENJOYABLE?
- Inverted mouse by default? What?
- I got eaten by a red blob, and managed to escape. From then on out, I moved without the mouse
- There really isn't much to do, and some of those later hills that you can climb are ridiculously high.
Eternal Winter: The Spirit Breaker - Qwilderwibben
+ Simple concept, not too boring
+ Somehow managed to have a story
- No scoring system? I'm sure you could add one in.
- Mouse tracking fails sometimes in the second room
Jared the Friendly Pumpkin: Christmas Edition - Stevenup7002
+ BEST GAME EVAH
Transition - Flashback
+ I was able to play it on my Android tablet.
- There really isn't much to do.
Ogres & Elves - Iasper
+ Very short learning curve for a fun game. For a strategy game, it's relatively easy to know what you're doing.
+ Unit upgrades find their way into the game without complicating anything
- Ingame money isn't really worth spending on the graphics and music upgrades
- Too easy to stack units and faceroll the enemy
Snowball Commander - Unaligned
= Pretty much a carbon copy of Missile Command, except with one less thing to shoot with. It seems harder than Missile Command, though.
Persistence - Acid
+ Loving the concept
- World seems too barren and devoid of wildlife, and it seems to be your only way of gaining stamina
- Stamina decrease is too fast
- Of course, it's underdeveloped
- How do I make fire? I can't drop a log and strike it. I can't put down the log if I want to make fire?
Deep Freeze - link2x101 and anthonyloprimo
+ Excellent puzzles, you should really expand on this game, because I'd be so excited to see that done.
+ Externally loaded levels (Is that some level editing I see in the future?
- Trapped in a cave and the ladder's frozen, and all you can do is shoot a fireball? It'd be kinda counterproductive if you had to bounce it off all that stuff. You could just walk (or slide) over to the ladder and unfreeze it that way. Come up with a better premise, guys.
- Those last few playable levels are ridiculously easy.
- Bad idea to end a submitted game with an error.
- Undo button WHERE?
The Fall of Sarenta - Kilin
+ Bullet hell! With good patterns.
+ Good story for a short project
+ Best music out of all of the games (even with that Touhou song in there)
+ Channeling mechanic is quite nice
- Jump feels useless when it comes to dodging for the most part
- Jump to dodge low bullets, get hit by ones higher up
- Player hitbox is probably too fat
- Some enemies are a bit too hard to hit because they're either moving too fast or moving constantly (or even teleporting)
- Needing to put up with the latter while dodging bullets, now that's a bit harsh.