3D software renderer
Posted on July 10, 2017 at 03:46
I'll update this microblog every time I have added some new features to my software renderer.
Here's a gif:
Features & nice info:
- 100% software rendered. The final pixel array is drawn using SDL2, but the SDL_Renderer has SDL_RENDERER_SOFTWARE flag, which means it truly uses pure software rendering! Madness!
- Written in C
- Flat shading, "per-triangle"
- No textures
- 512 colors + auto dithering
- Simple lighting, not very realistic, but good enough
- 3D transformations (via gl-matrix.c library)
- 2D bitmap rendering
The goal is to make a game that looks like the early 90's 3D games
More info later