Grand World: The Work In Progress thread
Posted on May 03, 2012 at 21:30
Entry 1 (4/05/2012)
So for the past few days I've been developing Grand World with Construct 2 and managed to get my game working with multiplayer.
Here's a screenshot to show what I've achieved so far. Currently the graphics are just placeholder graphics, but my friend Zane444
is working on some cool cyberpunk graphics for the game so look forward to that! :D
(Click for a larger version)
The screenshot shows two clients connected to the game, with one client shooting arrows.
What's been implemented so far:
1. Player movement and animation.
2. Player shooting.
3. Monster spawning and movement.
4. Monster destruction.
5. Connecting as many players to the server as required.
6. Sending of messages between clients to keep each client updated to the objects in the world. ie synchronized player, monster and bullet movement.
7. A simple chat box for communication.
I'll put a demo version up once I manage to get a few more features implemented (ie at least when you can kill each other!)
Dev - Stricter rating rules. Prevent user from rating again