Do you people remember The Power that I released over a year ago ? Well I decided to give it a little rework and have already done some progress .First I give you the list of updates and what needs to be done and such and then some screenshots and a YouTube video and of course a link to the new improved version...well what is there so far .
Here is the updates list :
- All room speeds changed from 30 to 60 , as a result nearly every object had to be edited , all speeds had to be reduced , all alarm timers had to be increased , all sprite speeds had to be increased , many animations needed additional images . A room speed of 60 makes the game run smoother and everything looks way better because of this .
- The controls have been greatly improved , first we had : one button for every selection on the main menu and in game options , now we just select options with arrows up and down and enter .We also had one button for every weapon and item on the game weirdly placed in the middle of the keyboard ( C V B N ) now we have one primary fire button and one secondary fire button and you just press down to select secondary weapons .
- I cleaned trough the code of almost every object eliminating unnecessary actions and variables .
- Reduced the annoyance level of some enemies .
- First weapon now has automatic fire .
- Added variable jump height .
- Room transition objects reduced from over a hundred to just 4 .
- Minor sprite edits and additions .
- Minor sound edits and additions .
- Minor bug corrections .
- Minor text edits .
What needs to be done :
- Music , I have 3 very interested people in making music for this game and maybe my other games . I am happy .Anyone is welcome to help . You will get good old credits for your work . Your name right after mine when the game begins .
- A final boss fight with The King of course . I should have done this from the beginning .
- Get rid of typos and improve the story telling . A friend of mine is working on it but anyone is welcome to help . The goal is to make things errors free and sound ( read ) better , not to change what is there . Again , collaborators will be credited for their work .
- I had plans to switch from still images to actual cut-scenes for the story telling but maybe not .
The " To Do " list :
Please report any bugs and annoyances as pronto as you can . I found one myself ...
- The second time you fight the snow boss he goes too fast . ( Alexitrón ) - STATUS - FIXED
- I hit a big penguin with a mine and it returned an error ( Snail ) . - STATUS - FIXED
- I found the typo in : Explanation Screen - Inventory is spelled incorrectly (Sven ) - STATUS- FIXED
- Throwing Sword Boss - The Checkpoint save didn't save, and made me go all the way back to the boss before. ( Sven ) -STATUS - There is no checkpoint there , I will add it - FIXED
- The first walking enemies always face left when falling. ( QOG ) - STATUS - FIXED
- It's annoying when the steam is tiny but still hurts you. ( QOG ) - STATUS - FIXED
The suggestions list :
- I would like to skip messages like " Progress saved " and " You got this or that " . ( Snail )
- In the main menu if the game finds that there is a save file then " load " should be selected instead of " start " ( Snail)
- A feature that I would like to see added, would be saving by use of registry. ( Sven )
The screenshots :
Easy to select weapons
This ? Just my favorite scenario in the game . HA !
The YouTube video brought to you by AuthenticKaizen ( http://www.youtube.com/user/AuthenticKaizen
And of course the game :
I hope you people enjoy this improved version of The Power ! Let me know what you think .