Posted on March 03, 2013 at 17:48
Apparently Cox upgraded my speed without me realizing it. It's almost double what I originally had at this apartment complex. O.o
Job and Stuff
I'm currently employed for a Casino Games company. Can't talk about it much, but it's awesome! Took a year and a half to finally get a job in the industry after college.
Updating Old Projects
I'll be upgrading a bunch of my old projects to Studio in the next few weeks as requested by a few users via PM. Sorry I didn't check my 64D Mail until today. Hehe.
Lots to do. Anyone have a cloning machine? I need to clone like fifty of myself to get all my work done in relatively short time.
gmLua for Game Maker 8.1
Posted on October 22, 2012 at 22:14
I managed to port gmLua to Game Maker 8.1 using GMAPI 0.0.7. I'd like to share it with all of you: gmLua81
Please note: You should NOT use this DLL with Game Maker 8.0 or less. It is ONLY compatible with 8.1.
In other news...
Lua Framework Teaser
I'm still working on my lua framework project. It'll allow you to develop awesome User Interfaces for your game maker projects with minimal impact on performance as opposed to scripting it all in GM. The best part? You can embed your scripts in a DLL so that no one can touchie! I'm still working on it, but I plan to have a sample project ready in the next few weeks as well.
Game Maker 8.0 Flicker
Posted on October 09, 2012 at 20:25
I haven't blogged in a while, but I'd like everyone to know that I have solved the infamous (well, for me at least) Texture Flicker problem in Game Maker 8.0.
I've been writing a Lua framework for about 2 weeks after picking back up the project from a year ago after I abandoned it and successfully translated it into about 98% Lua. The game now just attaches to the DLL and loads the primary lua file that does all the work. It's pretty awesome.
I've had this flicker problem with anything I drew for the longest time - ever since I started calling draw functions from the GMAPI-enabled DLL. It would randomly happen every 5-10 seconds or so.
Drove me insane! Regardless, I discovered that turning off automatic drawing (set_automatic_draw) and then setting an alarm to draw every frame instead of the draw event and then calling screen_refresh() at then end of that event eliminates this rendering problem all together!
I wasn't relying on views since my lua engine handles all of the placement of "objects" (which are now 100% tables in lua, not objects at all in GML), so this method works well for me!
Just wanted to post because I've finally defeated it! :D
I'm now officially working on a Tactical RPG as well.
Rune explored! (Public areas only)
Posted on July 13, 2011 at 06:04
And now for a taste of things to come.
Posted on May 16, 2011 at 00:49