Alright, time for page 2!
If you're just starting out here is the link to the first page:
[EDIT: Link to page 03: http://64digits.com/users/index.php?userid=Swifty&cmd=comments&id=265976
Once again all sprites were done by me using paint+photoshop.
My general work breakdown on making a comic usually goes like this:
Monday-Thursday: will be casually thinking of dialogue to keep the story interesting.
Friday: I'll sit down and finish off any script/dialogue I didn't get done.
Saturday: I'll figure out what new poses I'll have to make for the comic, as well as new backgrounds. And start getting rough idea out on each panel to see if it flows well.
Sunday: I'll finish making the backgrounds, and tidy up the text and page, run it by a few friends to catch anything I missed. Then I'll add it to the finished pages folder.
All up I probably spend about 2 hours thinking casually about proper dialogue (over the course of Monday to Thursday) and a good 1 hour thinking properly on friday if I need it. As for the backgrounds, if there are new ones needed it probably takes two hours to get them done to what I'd like. Finally It's making all the speachbubbles fit into the frames well without taking up too much space; this is the most boring part which can take up to an hour if there is a lot of dialogue.
Now for college! So I'm doing a bachelor in Animation and I'm in my second year. So-far it's been great the college environment has been really good and I've managed to pick my lazy a-- up and get my work done.
We've started our final projects this trimester; our group is making a game. We consist of 2 Programmers, 4 Animators and 2 Designers. I am taking the position of Animation Lead in the group. It's been pretty cruisy and not a whole lot of extra work compared to the general animators. I basically get the job of going around and checking on the animators to see how they're going and make sure the art style stays reasonably consistent throughout the game.
Today I was working on the environment I've been assigned (A sort-of Gothic Castle) and I've been making assets for it which I've enjoyed a lot more then the concept stage the last few weeks. I've designed my assets to be based on a 64x64 modular grid in which I can mix and patch different assets to build an entire level. Designing the level this way helps considerably in getting levels made after the asset tiles have been made (and it is very easy to make more if the need be) As well as being able to split the level into sections for the programmers so we can load only seeable sections of the level at a time to reduce lag and high poly count.
I guess that's about all I've got to say today. Thanks for reading.
[side note: this is my first real blog; guess I should have ran it through a spellchecker; oh well maybe next time.]