Hmm... this hasn't been done before has it? - A sort of summary of all the random crap I saved =D
Anyway, first of all; I don't like "My Documents". If there ever was a less secure location on any OS, I've yet to find it. You want to run a "system recovery"? - Bye bye My Documents... And yet.... I still have alot of old (and SOME new) files in it, and that is what I will share with you on this fine summer (or winter in the North) day.
Okay, lets begin:
1. Alot of applications and games store preferences and other data in subfolders, so I have about 50 such folders spread over my accounts (I have two, one I use, and the other I store crap in).
2. Plenty of unfinished games; usually containing a fairly good idea or gameplay aspect. Most can be broken into 3 catagories:
Fractal generators: - I used to be so OBSESSED with these, and as a result, I have dozens of them.
Game engines: - Oh dear, these never quite became games, so I quickly tidied up the code and added notes to make engines.... maybe I'll use them someday...
Image correctors/effects: - I didn't always have photoshop, so I wrote unfathomable numbers of these - from HDR to automatic image correction - all obsolete now that I have photoshop.
3. I have alot of images that I will have spotted on the internet and gone "I MUST AQUIRE THAT!!!", so I save it directly into the default location - My Documents.
4. Files I was using as part of a video, and forgot to delete afterwards... I have 15 Gb of these.
5. Music. - Ranging from freakin' 1337 songs to god-awful pieces of shit. - I have alot of these.
6. Videos of car crashes..... I love having them around... not sure why. - Funniest movie I've ever seen? - Crash-test of a car called "Jiangling Motors Landwind" - oh my god... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7Ts94rjr4M
7. Uhhh... lost my train of though.... I watched that video again.... roflmaocopterwowomfg.
Well, bye.... and watch that video.... don't buy that car.... EVER.