Dev - Sort these by name
Here's some Katakijin Music
Posted on October 07, 2008 at 19:17
Ever since I got FL Studio 8 for my birthday and I've been throwing around the idea of making the music for Katakijin myself. FL Stdio is pretty awesome. It might look intimidating at first due to the sheer number of knobs and buttons and whatnots you see when you first start it, but it's actually pretty easy to use, as long as you are familiar with sequencers. I use to use Modplug a lot before jumping to FL Studio, and it's just so much easier than Modplug. I really really like automations. They save you so much work.
Anyways, here's one piece that's going to be in the game.
I'd like some feedback too if possible.
Jose EEE Medellin!!!
Posted on August 05, 2008 at 20:06
Guys, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD?
Go here and read this:
Read ALL of it, including the part where the girls were repeatedly raped orally and anally, double teamed, and strangled to death with their own shoelaces. Read the part where the little 14yr old girl begged for her life, offering the guys her phone number so they can rape her again, just so she could live. You can tell just how desperate to live she was. WHAT DID THEY DO GUYS? WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO TO DESERVE THAT? THEY WERE JUST GOING HOME!! Read the part where they found both girls' bodies decaying - their bodies decayed in only 4 days guys. They said it decayed that fast because of how brutal the rape was (most of the decay was around the head and genital area).
Someone had the audacity to protest his execution. HOW FUCKING DARE THEY? STUPID FUCKING MEXICAN GOVERNMENT. Can you believe they are actually against his execution? IMO, his execution is actually a good thing. Left to me, I would slowly torture this motherfucker to death and feed him his own penis with a side of feces.
I'M SO FUCKING PISSED OFF!!!
Venting Out: Ninja Gaiden II
Posted on June 06, 2008 at 00:03
So I've been playing a lot of Ninja Gaiden II lately, especially for inspiration and stuff like that for katakijin (yes, I'm still working on it), and I just want to sum up the game in one word:
VERY hardcore. It's hard. It's DIFFICULT. No kidding. If you don't know what you are doing, you are not going to have fun AT ALL with this game. Here are my some of my most frustrating experiences with the game:
By the way, SPOILER ALERT!!!
1. I was surrounded by about 10 to 12 Ninjas, and each of them threw explosive kunais at me, ALL THE TIME. Imagine getting stickied with an explosive Kunai every second. It's just insane. And these Ninjas don't do that "let's all attack one at a time" thing either. The will POUND you, ALL OF THEM. Think you can run away? No, you can't. Sorry. These Ninjas will follow you up a wall, they will run along walls, they will shimmy on poles, they will FREAKING TELEPORT. Make no mistake, they WILL catch you, unless you cross a river or something, then they will just spam explosive shurikens or flaming arrows at you.
2. Imagine fighting ROBOTIC DEMONS. Yes, demon robots. Like regular demons weren't bad enough. But wait, imagine fighting THREE robotic demons...along with guys that have rocket launchers that shoot...17 to 20 ROCKETS at once. Nope, I'm not exaggerating. Imagine having three rocket-guys...all firing 20 rockets at you..that's about 60 rockets...then the demon robots are after you as well. I'm not even kidding. You think that's it? Imagine all that ALONG with a GIGANTIC OGRE that basically covers the arena. Oh wait, you think he's even remotely slow because he's a big ogre? Hahahaha. This is Ninja Gaiden bitch.
3. A werewolf picked up the head of a dead enemy and threw it at me, and I was like "seriously? wtf?" and right after that, one threw a leg at me and another threw an entire torso at me, then one just came out of nowhere and rushed me to the ground, then punched three times in the face as I was on the ground. I shook him off, then another just football-charged me. Werewolves are like the most annoying enemies in the game. You have to kill them FAST.
4. Demon-train with a human face. Look this guy up on youtube (Ninja Gaiden II chapter 3 boss). This has to be the most annoying boss in the game. He's actually not hard to kill at all. But see, there's one thing with him. He has this attack where he basically RAINS lightning balls at you. And I mean RAIN. Nonstop. Imagine a chaingun that shoots lightning balls. He usually sucks at aiming it, but sometimes he just catches you off guard. ALSO, he has a plasma-face attack that is unblockable and homes in on you and instant kills you. Sometimes, he doesn't really feel like doing it. Sometimes, he decides to SPAM it endlessly. That's just how he is.
5. Ninja dogs with knives and explosive shurikens in their mouth. "But they are just dogs" you say. WRONG. These dogs will destroy you. Completely.
6. Back to the rocket launcher guys. Theres a place where there are land mines on the floor, but the mines are covered in snow. There are footsteps in the snow that you must follow carefully. And I DO mean CAREFULLY. You have to walk on the footsteps, not just follow the general path. Now, that doesn't sound too hard does it? Except that while walking, you get to this place where there's a building with windows facing you and there are Ninjas in there...Ninjas with rocket launchers. Like NINE of them shooting at you. One after the other. If you move, MINEFIELD. If you don't, ROCKET UP YOUR ASS. Also, you don't just get hit by one mine. One mine tosses you into the other and it's a chain reaction until you're pretty much dead or the rocket guys kill you. Oh yeah, keep in mind that the rocket guys are STILL shooting at you even though you're getting blown to bits by the mines.
This is Ninja Gaiden II folks. The difficulty curve is like Hard->Very Hard->Ridiculous->Death.
Ultim8p00's Horizon (Katakijin hacked!!)
Posted on January 30, 2008 at 13:01
Well, I'm on break right now and I have about 30 minutes to kill. So I figured, why not post a blog? Heh.
Well, as the title says, this blog is about what yo expect from me in 2008. Yeah, I know January 30th is a little bit late to do the whole "It's a brand new year" thing, but whatever.
Anyways here we go:
Katakijin: Katakijin will be released somewhere between Febuary 27th and the first week of March. Why such a big gap? I'm lazy and I need as much flexibility as possible. In fact, let's make that to the SECOND week of March. Yeah.
Katakijin has officially been hacked by someone on the GMC, which is to be expected from the GMC. The person even gave me a link to the hacked source. It's actually much smaller than my build but contains everything and plays flawlessly. I was pretty pissed and said some nasty things, but it's no big deal.
Asura Does NOT Cry: This is a project I've already started working on. It's basically inspired by Devil May Cry, kind of like Katakijin was inspired by Ninja Gaiden. It uses the Katakijin engine, but the combo system is limited, but not so dial-a-combo. There are fewer combos to pull off, but you can cancel any combo into any combo (unlike in katakijin where you have to dash out of a combo to begin a new one). And also there will be guns. If you've played Lucon, you know I do guns well.
Project Winter: This is the game I started as part of the YYG winter comp. You've seen a screenshot of this before. Basically, a guy is returning home from a trip and his bus crashes in the mountains. Everybody dies but him. It's cold and all he has is a fancy jacket and a lighter. A short exploration game.
The Undertaking: Yeah, that sword game. I've been experimenting with it here and there and I think I've found the sweet spot for it. I'll be working on this one for a while.
Execution Day: Previously Project Lucon. This thing has undergone so many name changes I don't even know anymore. It's a shooting game with a huge emphasis on blowing shit up. I'm considering teaming up with Chicken and taking this thing online.
So yeah, that's pretty much it. I realized that I have so many games but not one of them have been completed. 2008 is the year that I really want to concetrate on and finish them.
By the way, seems like a lot more people liked Katakijin than I thought. It got reviewed on some French website and they liked it a lot. A bunch of russian sites also liked it, but one dissed it saying that the controls sucked and that it was a rip-off of knytt. They even said something about waiting for Knytt inspired merchandize. Duchebags.
It's 12 noon now and I guess I'll be late to my Calculus class. Oh well.
Kickass song I made in modplug.
Come and Test Katakijin
Posted on January 27, 2008 at 20:00
So I've been hard at work (lies) trying to figure out a way to optimize Katakijin so those with slow computers can enjoy its awesomeness.
Here are some of the things I've done:
-Added views. I guess this is a big deal as views reduces lag considerably. I am currently experimenting with stopping all draw events once an object is out of view (not helping so far).
-Some code optimization here and there. Like using repeat instead of loops in some cases...stuff like that.
-Reduced background effects. Well...more like re-optimized them for views really.
-Removed a few redundant pieces of code and fixed the loading bug.
Of course, I can't tell if these are successful or not because the game had no problems running on my PC.
So basically what I need you guys to do is test the game, post your PC specs and whether or not the game ran smoothly for you.
I will especially like the people who were experiencing lag to try this out.
Here's the link:
64 D Link
Katakijin Demo + New Project (kinda)
Posted on January 16, 2008 at 18:29
Nope, still alive. It's been a long time since I last blogged.
I went on one of those "double date" things I hear so much about. It was a good source of epic lulz, especially when one of your friends is a douchebag and your date turns out to be crazy and tries to bite you.
I really wanted to be getting close to finishing Katakijin by now, but once again, life got in the way. Damn life.
Katakijin is not even close to done; only about 25% of it has been completed so far. However, the engine itself is complete so that's cool.
On the positive side, I DO have a demo of Katakijin for you guys. It's an official demo, and I tried to work out as many bugs as I could. One known bug is where if you are going to the next room and quickly jump backwards, you get pushed into the room before the previous room. It's nothing too bad and I already have an idea of a fix for that.
Download Katakijin Demo.zip
I expect a lot of people to say something about the difficulty of the first boss, but then again, maybe I am underestimating.
One thing I would like to say is that you should read the readme file included for extra tips.
Also, I started working on a game for the YYG winter competition, but I had too many things going on to make the deadline. Here's a screenshot of it. I might actually continue it sometime:
Let me know what you think of katakijin.
I'm selling my Nintendo Wii
Posted on December 26, 2007 at 21:50
Hey, despite how much fun my Nintendo Wii has been, I have to sell it. I really need money for college right now so this is what I'm selling:
Like-New Nintendo Wii
5 AAA Games:
Legend Of Zelda
Super Paper Mario
Resident Evil 4: Wii
A bunch of Virtual Console Games
On Ebay, I'm selling all of this at a bid starting at $250, but if anyone is willing to pay $500, I'll sell it to them (free shipping).
As for 64digit members though, if anyone on here is willing to pay $430 for it, I'll go ahead and change the price on Ebay so they can buy it at that price (free shipping).
So there. I really don't want to, especially with Brawl and No More Heroes on the Horizon, but I have to. You can even see that I'm selling it at a loss here, but I really need that dough.
New Katakijin Video!
Posted on December 01, 2007 at 22:07
Behold the awesomeness of me, ultim8p00, as I bestow upon you ,my minions, a NEW KATAKIJIN video!
Well, it's using the same locations in the last video, but it shows you some of the moves a LEVEL 3 sword can do. So basically, those moves wouldn't be possible at the point in the game. You have to collect yellow orbs to level up. As you level up, more and more moves become available, as well as more combo possibilities. For example, with a LEVEL 4 sword, you can do an aircombo and end it with an air launcher, then do a double jump, and go from there. It's insane, if I can say so myself.
Also, when you use ultimate techniques, the orb you absorbed to do it doesn't count towards leveling you up. To not automatically absorb orbs, just hold the block button while powering up your ultimate technique.
There is another video that is much longer, but it is hidden somewhere on the internet. Maybe you can find it.
There won't be any more Katakijin awesomeness until sometime in January so yeah...there.
It's pretty short, but tell me what you think.
Posted on November 17, 2007 at 23:09
So I finally got done with the first level. It's almost a complete Ninja Gaiden rip-off. You start off somewhere and end up in a fortress. I wonder what game I'll rip-off next...maybe throw in some shotgun-wielding pigs...who knows?
I added a lot of nifty special effects. Nothing that stands out, but just little things like sparks when you clash swords with the enemy, or when you block. I also added in blue essence orbs that give you health. I also tweaked yellow orbs. Basically, you increase your chances of getting yellow orbs by doing combos. The higher the better. Your chances of getting blue orbs increase as your health decreases.
With enemies, I added a second level of Ninjas. They are much more aggressive than the base Ninjas and they can even block your attacks. They are also a lot tougher.
I added shurikens as well. You can throw shurikens in different directions depending on how you hold the directional keys. One of my favorite things to do, and I didn't really plan this at all, is to the a launcher combo on an enemy and just keep juggling him in the air by throwing shurikens at him until he dies. Of course, this is only when there is one enemy around.
So yeah, mainly what I did was add shurikens and finish the first level. I am now animating the first boss.
I really want to release a demo, but I can't for a reason I won't say.
The music in the game is by Ceekayed. Really awesome stuff imo.
I guess I'll end this blog with a pic:
Posted on November 04, 2007 at 01:59
Ok, so I've made a little trailer for katakijin. I didn't put much work into it. I basically just took some videos I had, cut them up, added a kickass soundtrack and there! It are a videohh!
Heres a link to the youtube video:
Also, I've been having another game idea running through my head. Basically, it's a re-imagining of the Undertaking, with a simplistic and minimalist artstyle. I put together a "target render" in paint:
Rest assured though, as my interest level in Katakijin is still VERY strong. If it wasn't, this post would have said something like "I'm making YET another game," and then instead of a picture, it would have been a demo...and a release date.
What did you think of the Ultimate Techniques?
No, I am NOT re-making The Undertaking. The style will stay as it is. The idea I was talking about was just an idea really...I actually just put it down so I could have enough content to not get oftehfrontpageforjooed