The biggest update since the release!
It makes all weapons useful, adds new relics and enemies for more variety, improves time attack missions, and more!
New enemy: Planar
Planar is an alternative version of sentinel.
It's a medium - threat level 2 - enemy.
Currently, it's the only enemy that releases projectiles from the left of the player ship.
Like a sentinel, planar uses a shield but activates it earlier.
Planars can be encountered in regions 20, 23, 27, 29, Broken Infinity, and arena missions.
New enemy: Launcher
Launcher attacks player by launching missiles, that fall on the player from the top of the screen.
The launcher is another medium, threat level 2 enemy, it also uses a shield.
I want to increase the number of shielded enemies to keep shield removal abilities relevant - weapon rework adds two attacks that ignore shields.
It's why I changed Breach ability as well.
Launchers can be encountered in regions 10, 12, 14, 17, 20, 22, 25, 28, Broken Infinity, and arena missions.
New enemy: Wasp
Wasp is a threat level 0 enemy, comparable to swarmling.
Unlike swarmlings, wasps have high damage for a threat level 0 enemy.
Wasp's only attack ability is telegraphed, giving you more than enough time to move out of the way of attack.
Wasps can be encountered in regions 7, 9, 12, 16, 22, 24, 28, and Broken Infinity.
Weapon rework removes ether efficiency and cooling rate, making it impossible to change ability ether costs and cooldowns by installing nodes and pylons.
Instead, I have added new relics that have those effects.
I have also added two relics that are not related to weapon rework, but also expand the possibilities.
As usual, new relics come with unique animations.
Suun's Loom, Atomic Library:
This relic halves ability ether costs and maximum armor, which is a small price to pay for cheaper abilities.
Zero Spire, Coolant Injector:
This relic halves ability cooldowns and doubles ability ether costs.
It's supposed to synergize with Suun's Loom, Atomic Library.
Zero Spire, Coolant Injector is a less extreme version of Tempoquake, Cryostasis.
Tempoquake, Cryostasis reduces ability cooldowns and weapon damage by 90%.
This game-changing relic makes some of the faster damage abilities as fast as attack abilities.
Combined with Zero Spire, Coolant Injector, it can reduce ability cooldowns by insane 95%.
Still, its downside is massive and might require ridiculous amounts of weapon damage or ether generation to be useable.
House of Hate, Isotope Equalizer:
House of Hate, Isotope Equalizer might be the most powerful relic of the six added with this update.
It doubles weapon damage, ability ether costs, and ability cooldowns.
Because ability ether cost and cooldown modifiers do not affect attack, shield, and shield removal abilities, House of Hate gives you more than it takes away.
Crippled Vault, Broken Reality:
This incredible relic increases the part limit by 10 and reduces core attributes - maximum armor, maximum ether, and weapon damage - by 25%.
It also doesn't increase the weapon limit.
Surge Accelerator, Exothermic Focus:
It's a simple, but useful relic - it generates ether amount equal to 5% of maximum ether when an enemy is destroyed.
- Attack abilities now release projectiles from all weapons.
- Projectiles released are based on weapons and attacks that released them.
- All weapons now have base weapon damage.
- Weapons now have more skins - they are unlocked every 10 levels until level 80.
- You can no longer use weapon damage amplifiers on sections and engines.
- Removed cooling rate and ether efficiency properties.
- Missile Strike ability has been renamed to Strike.
- Concentrated Fire ability has been renamed to Flurry.
- Spread Mines ability has been renamed to Unload.
Time attack mission rework:
- Time attack missions now support all modular difficulty system modifiers except The Decision and Hivind's Army.
- Different regions now spawn different minions for time attack missions.
- Instead of scaling reward, now you get +150% loot quality in the beginning of the mission, that decreases by 1% every second.
- Time attack missions now give standard rewards.
- Mythical parts now cost about 2 times more than fractal parts.
- Etalons now cost about 3 times more than fractal parts.
- Reduced amount of alloy received from dismantling mythical parts and etalons.
- Compressed parts no longer have higher prices than normal parts.
- Oesa's Radiance set effect nerfed: Now ether amount required to get a damage boost starts at 10 and increases by 10% every level.
- Etherion's Clash set effect nerfed: It only increases weapon damage by 120%, because installing different weapons no longer has a downside.
- You can now extract engine skins with cathodes.
- Changed how skins work: Engine skins can only be applied to engines, weapon skins - to weapons, and section skins - to sections.
- You can no longer use skins on installed parts.
- Added etalon engine.
- Slightly increased spaceship speed and acceleration.
- You can now check experience in spaceship building interface by going to spaceship stat page 5.
- Trism of Glory now increases weapon damage instead of cooling rate.
- Changed base ether cost of Piercing Laser ability to 5 and base cooldown to 45.
- Dropped parts are now picked up automatically if they are behind player's ship.
- Fixed: Game does not appear on the taskbar.
- Fixed: Mission 12 "Start mission" button in new game+ takes the player to a non-existent region.
- Fixed: Apex's lasers do not disappear when the apex is destroyed.
- Fixed: Black Rain ability effect remains active during story cutscenes.
- Fixed: Story spoiler: Broken Infinity level during mission 14 is wrong in the new game+.
- Fixed: Story spoiler: Mission 12 regions remain to be destroyed after the story is completed.
- Fixed: Achievement spoiler: Life rune spawns in Etender, Labyrinth, instead of Bloom.
- Fixed: Pyramids never appear in Broken Infinity.
- Fixed: Relic animation graphical glitch in start interface.
- Fixed: Relic level can go above level cap.
- Fixed: Volume bars doesn't work with a controller.
- Potentially fixed: Linux + language select problem.
I have made changes to how controllers work with Sector Six and now the game should support more controllers.
Old save update:
To fix new Restoration War glitches, old saves will generate new missions upon loading the game and will set contested region to region 25.
Ether efficiency and cooling rate properties have been removed, so items will be updated to have weapon damage properties instead.
Sections with weapon skins will have their skins changed to plating skin.
Level 91+ relics will be scaled down to level 90.