Really wish I could change my username to something a little more relevant than a name I came up with when I was about thirteen, haha.
It's been quite a bit, but I'm always finding myself back here when the gamedev bug bites. I was whipping through my uploaded files to see if I had an old collada mesh I wanted to use for a project. Nope, not here. Might be on my old, defunct machine, as long as the hard drive is in tact, I might be able to recover it. At the time, I didn't have any repos for it, and I never threw it up here, or onto Google Drive :(. I was just hoping there would be a copy of it somewhere online, before resorting to a storage-ectomy and putting it on life support to preserve the vitals (read: using a docking system).
This has been part of a larger task I've been putting off for a few months. I didn't back anything up on that hard drive, and there's quite a bit of creative juice in there. If I can get to it, I'll have all my old working files. I have a strong feeling the motherboard is fried, and I have my fingers crossed that the hard drive is not.
Reading the old blogs, looks like I haven't posted in about six years. Every time I revisit this page after a long stretch, I feel like I'm revisiting a time capsule, and cringing over old posts haha. Like I've said previously, I've got stuff on here from the days of Win98. Currently learning Löve2D and Entity Component Systems as a method of code organisation. Hopefully will have good news on both learning, and data recovery.
Hi 64D peeps,
I've been away, I put my game on the back burner. I'm picking it back up later. Most of the team I was working with has dissolved. I'm doing independent contract work. Three of the members I was working with are now working on The Gallery: 6 Elements. Anybody following developments on the Oculus Rift, may have heard about it.
The music project I'm talking about is called Decay Farm. Lo-Fi pads and analog synthesizers making grungy electronic music. It's inspired by old tapes, broken radios, dying batteries and over-compression. I have had the project ideas kicking around in my head for at least a couple years.
This is the most recent of two releases:
Also, the cover was done in Blender!
I've been working hard at modeling a Sukhoi Pak Fa (Su-50). I finished the modeling part yesterday, I am just now in the middle of texturing. Here's a blender concept render, done with the new Blender 2.66:
The dotted line details were very tedious. Thankfully I've only had to do them on one side. Still have to do a little more dotting, and possibly some specularity mapping (fingers crossed that Unity Free allows this), as well as some finer details and a decay/damage layer.
I'm going to have to go through this process with the F-18 as well, and a couple other jets, to amp up the quality.
All for now